Tuesday, July 21, 2009

gone WWOOFing

headed WWOOFing again. here is the description from the guide:

Description: Merino sheep and red deer. Hay making, general farm work and maintenance.

General Information: Rugged and interesting area 10 minutes from Cromwell. Irrigation and hill country, rabbit shooting, top working sheepdogs. We enjoy sharing our lifestyle with visitors. Comfortable accommodation.


I told the head housekeeper (a Brazilian with mediocre English) that I was leaving to go work on a sheep farm. He smiled and softly asked, "Are you going to kill the sheep?" I frowned and said, "I hope not; I was just hoping to get lucky and shave a sheep." I never even thought that killing sheep might be part of the work, but the farm is located on Slaughter Road... I really hope I don't have to kill anything, but I suppose I won't be as surprised if it comes up.

I'll let you know how it goes, but it sounds interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment