Monday, July 27, 2009

short update from the farm

Things on the farm are very interesting and fun. The area is unbelievably beautiful sitting alongside the Southern Alps. I've mostly been working 8-9 hours a day, which is far more than WWOOF expects, but I don't mind at all. The accommodation is listed as 'comfortable'...and I'm sure it is perfect in the summer. It is a small hut with no insulation and the only heat comes from a small space heater plugged into a single outlet. I can see my breath within 15minutes of unplugging the heater. My computer only runs on a/c power these days, so I am forced to choose between staying warm or typing. I usually choose warmth. However, I'm making headway on the activities I've been up to and I hope to post it tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are some ads that will give you a glimpse into my daily life...Basically, I'm attending the Great Southern Finishing School

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLIKeupkYQg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47AksKNnbQQ

No comments:

Post a Comment